In an interview with several regional chief executive officers of international advertising agencies located in various Asia-Pacific countries, several attributes of successful managers of both diverse clients and employees in this region were cited:
- recognizing and acknowledging local differences;
- having a healthy respect for different opinions, views, and solutions;
- being able to look for common factors;
- being flexible, patient, and curious;
- having a steadfast focus;
- bringing down social and management hierarchy walls;
- being prepared for long-term and valuable relationships that typically begin with short-term, low-value projects;
- being consistent as a corporate culture builder;
- having decency and integrity;
- having stamina and being resilient;
- having a sense of humor.
Do you have experience working in the Asia-Pacific? Share your knowledge on values and attitudes in the comment section below!