We have an exciting news to share with our readers! Professor Czinkota’s new book, “as I see it”, is now available on business express’s official website. This book presents “the best of 2016” about the core issues of international business, explained and analyzed within 750 words. Also, each analysis is accompanied by a cartoon, developed by Czinkota and award-winning cartoonist David Clark.
1. U.S. deficit falls to $680 billion. The federal government’s latest annual deficit is the smallest it’s been since 2008, according to Treasury Department data released Wednesday. http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/30/news/economy/deficit-2013-treasury/index.html
2. Islamic world slipping behind economically, Pakistan PM warns. Economic and intellectual stagnation has left Islamic nations incapable of punching their weight in the wider world, the prime minister of Pakistan has warned. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/10411814/Islamic-world-slipping-behind-economically-Pakistan-PM-warns.html
3. Is Puerto Rico the next Detroit? Puerto Rico has been called the next Detroit and the next Greece. It’s buried in debt and possibly teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/31/investing/puerto-rico-hedge-funds/index.html
4. US criticizes Germany and China policies.The US has criticized Germany’s economic policies, saying that its export-led growth model is hurting the eurozone and the wider global economy. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24753267
5. Russia to invest $1.5 bn into new domestic energy projects in Ecuador, making the South American country a key partner in the region, President Vladimir Putin said at a meeting with Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa in Moscow. http://rt.com/business/russia-invest-ecuador%20energy-956/