Half of our series of international business jeopardy questions have been posted. Have you submitted your answers to us? Remember, we are going to give out prize at the end of the series. (For more information about the prize) Please hurry up to submit your answers to us by commenting at the posts.
Answers to previous Jeopardy Questions:
- Question 1. What is the name of the largest island in the world? (Hint: It is first visited by the notorious Viking, Eric the Red)
Answer: Greenland, with an area of 840,000 square miles. New Guinea is second largest with 306,000 square miles. Australia, often called an island, is a continent.
- Question 2. As the 2012 London Olympic Games kick off, do you know what is the difference between the United Kingdom and Great Britain?
Answer: The United Kingdom is made up of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. Great Britain is the main island in the United Kingdom, on which England, Scotland, and Wales are located.
- Question 3. America’s top three export markets are Canada, Mexico and China. Two of the three are close to the United States geographically. Do you know what other country is closest to the U.S. ? (Hint: The country is close to U. S. islands)
Answer: Russia. In the Bering Strait, Russian and United States islands are only 3 miles apart.
- Question 4. Do you know in what country is the world’s largest pyramid?
Answer: The largest pyramid is that of Quetzalcoatl in Mexico, whose volume is 3.3 million cubic meters. The pyramid of Cheops in Egypt has a volume of only 2.5 million cubic meters.
- Question 5. What is the name of the beer in Timbuktu?A. Bomako; B. Tombigber; C. Brekhorn; D. Tim Buck II; E. Bou Bou Tou
Answer: Bomako is the beer of Timbuktu.