On Monday (11th December, 2017) morning we hosted a get together for selected post graduate students. These were drawn from course reps but also selected by Program Directors who identified individuals whose contribution to the programs was really making a difference. Students were asked to offer brief feedback on…
– I feel good, because….
– I’d love to do more of….
– my best class experience was…
– on Campus, I enjoy most…
– millennials need classes to focus on ….
– …. will help me most with a job
Things students said in their two minute talk included:
- I feel good being part of an academic community.
- Each day, I improve.
- Kent offers an entrepreneurial course, designed around asking professionals in the finance industry. As such, not only do I get academic skills but I’m gaining professional skills too.
- I value the Bloomberg Room.
- Professors are all very helpful and I’m learning relevant skills
- Being on the program gives me different cultural perspectives.
- I have found seminars really help me in developing my skills – it’s great to talk with so many different nationalities.
Thanks to Michael for his idea, for organizing the medals and for being thoroughly affable. Thanks to Tamsin for helping with arrangements. Thanks also to Martin, Radu, Jaideep, Shaomin, Omar, Irena and Maddy for coming along.